The ArtFire Chainmaille Guild is very pleased to present one of our newest members, 28SidesDesigns. We asked Cecily, the creative genius behind 28SidesDesigns, our usual questions, and what follows are her responses.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? It's fun, the basics are extremely simple but the variations are almost limitless. It's also addictive.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? I've not worked in too many metals yet but as of right now copper. I'm hoping to put an order in for some bronze and steel rings since I like the heavier feel of the copper than the light aluminum.
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? Pretty much anything. I've made necklaces, chokers, earrings, bracelets, a belt even.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you don't currently know? I want to try Dragonscale, But I'd like to know 28 weaves by the end of the year.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? It's a tie between my Opalite handflower and my Victorian Choker.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Padded gloves, and don't be intimidated.
Thank you so much for answering our questions, it has been great getting to know you a bit better. You can see more of 28SidesDesigns work by visiting her ArtFire store.