1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? About 3 years now.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? To me, it's fun, easy and soothing and I love the feel of it.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? Probably 18 ga Sterling Silver, although I do enjoy making micro chain with 22 ga sterling, too.
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? Standard chainmaille with not much embellishment - meaning using only metal, not adding beads or gems. Bracelets, anklets and earrings are my favorites, although I'm currently working on a headdress.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you don't currently know? I want to learn to make baskets using whatever weave it takes.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? I've done a tunic for Robert - it's taken about 80 hours with him coiling the large rings and clipping them apart and then me assembling. It's a large piece and it's pretty fun to show off. And it is my favorite weave - European 4-in-1.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Start with the best tools you can afford, practice practice practice, and have fun!
Thanks so much Linda, and Robert. And welcome to the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild