2) Why do you like Chainmaille? Chainmaille appeals to me for many reasons. I think it is an absolutely beautiful and versatile art form. It is amazing to me that you can use this knowledge and these materials to make armor that protects you and beautiful jewelry that adorns you. The possibilities and the weaves seem to be endless! The more I learn the more I realize there is to learn. I love taking a bunch of loose rings and within a little while I convert them into something beautiful!
3) What is your favourite type of ring? I have used aluminum, copper and enameled copper to make rings. I think the enameled copper is my favorite right now (of course that may change tomorrow!). I am making my own rings so I love the colors I can get the enameled copper in and I find it easy to work with.
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? I currently am enjoying making jewelry. I have made some bracelets but mostly earrings for now. Hubby has asked for a chainmaille shirt so I'll try my hand at that some time in the future.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you don't currently know? Weaves, weaves, weaves and more weaves!! They all look so amazing and I just want to try them all! I'm looking forward to making a Dragonscale weave bracelet for my sister next.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? Why don't you just ask me to pick my favorite child!! Just joking. I do love all the pieces I've made but I think the copper earrings (listed on my Artfire page simply as chainmaille earrings in copper) are what I'm most proud of because they were my first!
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? I would say learn all you can but never think you've learned it all! Get some decent tools and dive in head first!! And above all....have fun with it.
Thank you for sharing with us Merry and welcome to the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild