This week we are introducing another of our newer members, Unseelie Designs. Let's see how she tackles are regular questions.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? It's interesting the patterns that can be made out of just little loops of metal. It seems so simple, but it really isn't and there is so much that can be done. It's like it just keeps pulling me back in with some new weave, some new idea or experiment with what I can pull off with those rings. Also, it's comforting to make jewelry or other items that look great and have some strength to them.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? Stainless Steel 4mm ID
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? Bracelets mostly. Probably because I love wearing them and I really don't need to worry about them too much.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? GSG and Stepping stones
6) Which piece are you most proud of? My Balance the Heart bracelet. Yes, it's a simple Byzantine, but getting the beads in there without the entire piece spiraling was a challenge.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Just because it isn't easy right away doesn't mean you should give up on it. Sometimes it just takes a while to understand the pattern. It can be easy to get discouraged, but just keep on trying. Eventually you'll get it!
Thank you for answering our questions, and welcome to the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild. Don't forget to check out Unseelie Designs' Artfire Studio!