Sunday, June 7, 2009

Presenting Barbsdesigns!

A new week begins with another feature on a member of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild. This week's feature member is Barbsdesigns. Let's get to know Barb better.


1)How long have you been a Chainmailler? I haven’t been doing Chainmaille very long. About two years. I really loved it right away though!

2)Why do you like Chainmaille? I like the fact that you can take some wire and turn it into something awesome. I also like the fact that you can get so into it that it kind of takes you away from stress and such.

3)What is your favorite type of ring? I haven’t found too many I don’t like. I am not that fond of the really small maille. I’ve done it and I like the way it looks… It’s just not for me.

4)What kind of items do you prefer to make? I like making bracelets, dog and cat collars, really anything. I like to learn new weaves.

5)Which weave would you like to learn that you don’t currently know? Wow, there are so many. Maybe the next one would be Serpent’s Spine. It just looks so different.

6)Which piece are you most proud of? I haven’t really made anything that I thought was just great. I see other people’s things and think how creative they are. I do really like my things that include stones or crystals.

7)What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? It doesn’t take much to get hooked so be prepared. The people of the Guild are smart and very helpful; you can learn a lot from them.

Thanks Barb, I think your items are pretty special. If you want to see more of Barb's items then drop by her ArtFire studio - Barbsdesigns.

No comments: