The ArtFire Chainmaille Guild presents another of their fabulous members. This time it is The ChainMaille Lady! Here she is to answer the questions.
1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? Over 4 years
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? I like the symmetrical nature of chainmaille. I find the repetitiveness of chainmaille soothing and relaxing. I also love to create a gorgeous piece of jewelry from just plain jump rings.
3) What is your favorite type of ring? Sterling silver
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? I love making cuff-like bracelets. I also love to work in micromaille. I love the challenge of those teeny tiny rings.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you don’t currently know? Viperscale. It reminds me of the Dragonscale which I love!
6) Which piece are you most proud of? My Hardanger Eyelet Bracelet
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? You must love repetitiveness and be a perfectionist when it comes to closing jump rings. If your closed rings are “sloppy”, especially when it comes to jewelry, you could potentially harm your client. Improperly closed jump rings can cause scratches to the client’s skin and snags on their clothing.
Thank you very much! Drop by The ChainMaille Lady on ArtFire and see more of her awesome creations!