Sunday, July 26, 2009

Presenting Dark Ridge Creations!

We are back to present another of our fabulous ArtFire Chainmaille Guild members. This week it is Dark Ridge Creations. So now I will hand over to Donna to answer the questions.

1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? I have been a chainmailler for about 5 years. I started out with a kit from Urban Maille. I was hooked immediately.

2) Why do you like Chainmaille? I really enjoy working with small things. I also like working with seed beads. All things small.

3) What is your favourite type of ring? I work with 18 gauge 4mm rings the most. I cut my own rings which makes it handy to have just the size ring to try something new.

4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? I make mostly bracelets.

5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? Half Persian 3 in 1. I have tried this weave and just can't get it. I have cabochon type items that I would like to use it on. I will keep trying and soon I will have a aha moment.

6) Which piece are you most proud of? I have been making what I call cuff bracelets. They are from .75" to 1" wide. I recently sold one that was made up of sterling and gold filled rings. The next one is all sterling silver 12 in 2.

7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Just jump right in and start. Recently I was visiting my sister in law and I pulled out my rings. It didn't take long to get her hooked on it. I started her out on the byzantine weave.

Thanks you Donna! Come by Dark Ridge Creations on ArtFire and see more of her lovely work.

No comments: