Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Presenting LanzaCreations!

We are back to present another fabulous member of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild. This week we are featuring LanzaCreations. I will hand over to Elizabeth from LanzaCreations so she can answer our questions.

1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? Since 2007

2) Why do you like Chainmaille? It's gorgeous! What's not to love! I love the weaves that are strong and slinky at the same time!

3) What is your favourite type of ring? I mostly use bright aluminum, but I would do everything in sterling if I could afford it!

4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? Bracelets! Necklaces get tedious, and earrings are just not as much fun.

5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? Dragonscale. It's gorgeous, but I haven't gotten my aspect ratios right yet!

6) Which piece are you most proud of? I think the Black and Silver Byzantine Helm Bracelet looks very cool, but it was actually pretty simple to make.

7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? I would only consider it if you're very patient and have a great attention to detail!

Thanks so much Elizabeth. You can see more of her fabulous creations at LanzaCreations on ArtFire.

No comments: