Well here we are with another ArtFire Chainmaille Guild member feature. This we we are meeting our Guildmaster, HaffinaCreations. So over to Haffina to answer the questions.
1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? Approximately two years, although I feel like I've just begun sometimes, and like I've been doing it forever other times.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? The results are beautiful, amazing and timeless.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? All of them! Really it depends on what I am making, but I especially love anodised aluminium, EDPM rubber and jewellers brass.
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? I would have to say bracelets.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? Would be easier to answer 'which weaves do you know?', because there are lots I dont yet know, but Dragonscale is top of my list. It so far eludes me.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? My European 4 in 1 choker that I made as the result of a poem a friend wrote. It is also my biggest project so far.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Be prepared to become addicted! And be patient with yourself, sometimes it can be hard to 'get' a weave, but patience and perseverance will pay off in the end.
You can see more of Haffina's work at HaffinaCreations on ArtFire.