A new week, a new member feature for the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild. This week we are featuring Cheli. Let's hand over to Cheli to answer the questions.
1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? 3 years.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? History in general and jewelry history in particular is my favorite subject when reading about ancient jewelry techniques and stumbled upon chainmaille weaves, I was fascinated. The idea that I can use the same technique that people used centuries ago was like traveling in time and bringing a piece with you. Amazing.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? 20ga ,2.8"
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? Necklaces and bracelets.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? Half Persian.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? Solar Eclipse Onyx and silver chainmaille collar.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Have a lot of patience and use your imagination.
Thank you Cheli. It is great to have you as a member of our Guild. You can see more of Cheli's designs at her studio on ArtFire.