It is time to introduce you to another member of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild, or in this case, two members, because EternalKnights is actually two people, Trinity and Seraph. So let's see how they answer the questions and get to know them just a little better.
1) How long have you been a Chainmailler? We've been doing this since high-school, which for one half of the group, Seraph, is over 10 years. Trinity's been doing it since 2001ish.
2) Why do you like Chainmaille? It gives us a creative outlet, and generally is a lot of fun to do. We've been having so much fun making pieces, going to shows and just playing with ideas, that it's not really work more like a fun distraction from life.
3) What is your favourite type of ring? Oh so hard to choose. We've fallen in love with so many pieces, but really the EPDM rubber rings have proven so versatile. While we really can't say we have a favorite, it is on the top of the list!
4) What kind of items do you prefer to make? We really like making armor - since we've been doing Live Action Role Playing it's kind of a must-have item! But for others we love making earrings, since they can come out so fun looking.
5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know? That's hard for Seraph to answer, possibly perfecting his work on Tetra Orbs. But Trinity is trying to work on learning Persian and Half Persian.
6) Which piece are you most proud of? It'd have to be the silver byzantine bracelet. It was the smallest links Seraph's worked with and we're so happy about how it came out.
7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille? Patience is key! Trinity started learning with the harder patterns, she took years to even get 4 in 1 correct! It's taken a lot of patience but it's worth it.
Thank you Seraph and Trinity, it's great to have you in our guild. Drop by EternalKnights on ArtFire to see more of their wonderful creations.