Monday, August 10, 2009

Presenting RedPanda !

We are back with another ArtFire Chainmaille Guild member feature. This week we are meeting RedPanda. Let's hand over to her and see how she answers our questions.

1) How long have you been a Chainmailler?
Since 2005, when I was just graduating from high school.

2) Why do you like Chainmaille?
Because it's different from the common jewelry that you see a lot on handmade sites. I also think it's rather versatile. It can be chunky and manly, or delicate and feminine.

3) What is your favorite type of ring?
I love working in sterling, and do so when I have the chance.

4) What kind of items do you prefer to make?
Anything that comes to mind! Mostly jewelry, and of that, mostly bracelets. I make a ton of bracelets.

5) Which weave would you like to learn that you dont currently know?
If I'd like to learn a weave, I learn it! I don't keep weaves in a want-to-learn queue typically. If I see something I want to make, I make it! :)

6) Which piece are you most proud of?
Hm. I'm not really sure. I've got a really pretty sterling dragonscale bracelet, but it's relatively basic. I've got a lot of gemstones that I've been working on incorporating into my work recently. Hopefully I'll make up something complex and new and exciting soon!

7) What advice would you give to someone who was considering doing Chainmaille?
Go for it! Always use saw cut rings over machine cut, even though they're more expensive. It's worth it.

Thanks so much for letting us feature you! You can see more of her wonderful chainmaille creations at RedPanda on ArtFire.

No comments: